GoodSense Training are specialists in Conflict Management training. We are passionate about what we do, consider ourselves leaders in our field and aspire to ensure safe and enjoyable working environments for employees across the world.
We were founded in 1996 by Darren Good who discovered that his thinking and approach to personal safety added real value to organizations wishing to protect both their staff and their customers.
An experienced trainer and coach in the business world, Darren is also an experienced Martial Arts Practitioner who keeps abreast of international Martial Arts practices. He interprets and applies this to his teaching of conflict management in the business and public sector worlds and his views on conflict management are clear, “physical intervention should always be the last resort in any conflict management situation”.
GoodSense have an excellent reputation in conflict management and conflict resolution training and have delivered hundreds of specialized conflict management courses nationwide for a variety of industries.
We have a team of mature and professional trainers in conflict management who are evaluated regularly to ensure quality and consistency…. and it’s working! Feedback from all customers is exemplary and hence the company is growing in terms of numbers and reputation.
Who is behind GoodSense Training?
Well, a number of people actually….there’s a team of trainers you may have met them already. There’s our admin support team headed up by Kate in the office and there’s me…Darren Good.
So…who are you Darren Good?
Well I’m a 44 year old father of two boys and husband to my beautiful wife Bobby. Like any family we all have different interests and passions which makes for a noisy household but we wouldn’t have it any other way.
I was born in Harrogate and grew up in Yorkshire and have family across the UK, mainly in London and the North West. I’ve worked in pharmaceuticals and sales before a life threatening illness made me look long and hard at my life. I realized that I hadn’t been spending most of my time on the things I am passionate about – my family and my hobby – and I very nearly lost the opportunity to fix that! Thankfully things worked out well for me and I’ve set my life off on a different track now. My hobby by the way, was and is martial arts, and before you go thinking that my style of conflict management if about fighting your way out of situations rest assured I don’t want to get in a fight any more than you do. My hobby led me to realize the value of avoiding conflict and managing your way out of situations by blending skills, knowledge and understanding.
What is GoodSense Training and Darren Good all about?
Well, we have, what we call a vision which is that we want to revolutionize conflict management and resolution training across the world. That’s a pretty bold vision I know, but I mean it. There’s so much that can be done to improve the outcomes of situations that people find themselves whether that’s in a work or personal environment. If we can raise awareness and the skill levels of how to handle potentially aggravated situations, then stress levels can be reduced and in worse case scenarios serious injury can be avoided.
I suppose the formal stuff around what I’m talking about here is what forms our mission….. our mission is that GoodSense Training is a leading provider of conflict management, conflict resolution and physical intervention training, skills and services to the public and private sectors in the UK. We offer our clients and delegate’s peace of mind and confidence in their ability to manage all forms of conflict situations and demonstrate how this can be directed towards resolution. We use a blend of proven and innovative techniques and strategies for improved retained delegate knowledge and accurate practical application.
GoodSense trainers come from a broad range of professions which include Mental Health, personal safety, Martial Arts and the Police force. Our experiences combined with our training skills and our commitment to self improvement mean that we are able to offer practical, bespoke, and effective solutions for all your conflict training needs. All GoodSense trainers are dedicated to ensure a consistent high level of content and delivery.
Our training programs and delivery techniques engage delegates in a thoughtful and inspiring way unique within this sector and guarantee a best in class service.
Seven reasons to choose GoodSense
1. GoodSense are the first conflict management and resolution training specialists in the UK to offer a money back guarantee.
2. Darren was first person to introduce Gracie Jiu-jitsu to West Yorkshire and has subsequently built these techniques into the GoodSense training methodology making these training courses some of the most ground breaking.
3. Darren attended the very first Personal Defense Readiness (PDR) training in the UK. This is a methodology followed in the US. GoodSense are integrating techniques from this methodology into our UK training programs to ensure our training is always cutting edge.
4. GoodSense were the first organization outside of the NHS to deliver the Counter Fraud and Security Management Service (CFSMS) national conflict resolution syllabus which reflects our truly pioneering approach.
5. GoodSense are the first conflict management and resolution training organization to have an e-learning product linked to the CFSMS national syllabus.
6. GoodSense are the first in the UK to offer free courses for conflict management and resolution.
7. GoodSense were the first to get VAT exemption for Conflict resolution and NLP courses in UK.