BTEC Level 2 Intermediate Award in Physical Restraint (Older People).
Conflict management training at your venue anywhere in the UK
BTEC Level 2 Intermediate Award in Physical Restraint (older people) course benefits:
By the end of this BTEC training course delegates will:
- Have a nationally recognised BTEC qualification.
- Have a cross-sector qualification.
- Understand the law to protect themselves and others.
- Have the physical skills to handle potentially violent situations.
- Have the physical skills to safely control older people whilst being compliant with legislation.
BTEC Level 2 Intermediate Award in Physical Restraint (older people) course overview.
Do you know how to control and diffuse a situation that is turning physical and potentially violent with older people?
Would you know how to guarantee the safety of you and those around you?
The BTEC Level 2 Intermediate Award in Physical Restraint (Older People) addresses these issues and is for anyone working with older people who may encounter some low level aggression or violence.
This training course is suitable for anyone working in a low risk envirnonment where physical aggression or violence is infrequent or at a low level such as:
- NHS Staff – Ambulance staff, A&E staff, NHS Security staff, nurses working with older patients.
- Care assistants.
- Nursing home staff.
- The protective and Security Industries (where security staff have a high level of interaction with older members of the public for example in a super market or in a court).
Reviews from people who have attended our courses
“Trainers were very knowledgeable and realistic, had a lot of enthusiasm which reflected in the delivery of the course” J. Harris, NHS South Staffs
Training course aims:
The BTEC Level 2 Intermediate Award in Physical Restraint Practice (Older People) has been specifically developed to meet the needs of those working with older people. It enables care giving staff to make informed decisions about when, where and how they should, or should not, use physical force in a care setting to ensure that they are acting appropriately and legally. This is a nationally recognised vocational qualification.
The BTEC Level 2 Intermediate Award in Physical Restraint Practice (older people) is a two day course and on completion all successful delegates will be awarded their BTEC Level 2 accreditation.
To successfully achieve the award delegates will be required to:
- What actions can be defined as ‘restraint’, with reference to National level guidance.
- The legal and ethical frameworks relevant to restraint, common and criminal law regarding the use of Reasonable Force to prevent harm from occurring.
- Health and Safety Implications of restraint in care environments, including risk-reduction and risk-control measures and procedures.
- How to minimise the need for restraint and Alternatives to restraint, with reference to National-level guidance and research in the field of challenging behaviour in people with Dementia.
- How to recognise when restraint may in fact be abuse.
- The correct application of physical restraint skills and procedures using approved and risk-assessed NFPS methods of holding.
- The Principles regarding Duty of Care
- Circumstances in which restraint should be used
- Risks and inappropriate methods of restraint, with reference to methods of control which have been proscribed due to their inappropriateness or their inherent serious risk of injury or death.
- The issues of ‘wandering’, the use of bed rails and ‘disengagement’.
Candidates who register for the BTEC Level 2 Intermediate Award in Physical Restraint (older people) must have:
- The physical capability to be able to undertake physical skills training
- The personal ability to undertake classroom training and sit written exam papers.
To find out more information about our course you can download the pdf below, you can contact us or speak to one of our friendly advisors on 0113 258 0035