Manage and reduce risk and improve your quality of care
If you work in or manage a care home, it’s important you’re able to diffuse and manage conflict at all times. Are you and your staff effectively trained to handle aggressive and challenging behaviour?
We’ve been providing expert conflict resolution training and associated courses for care home staff and managers, as well as direct care professionals, for more than 20 years.
Our courses are for you if:
- Manage an NHS or independent residential care home of any kind. It may be a nursing home for older people, specialist dementia unit or community unit for adults with learning disabilities
- Are looking for effective conflict resolution challenging behaviour training for your care providers (entry level or top-up training) to improve safety, reduce risk and improve your quality of care
- Have specific training needs for dealing with the challenging behaviour of service users who have dementia, including Alzheimer’s
- Want to reduce or eliminate restraint and minimise the need for physical intervention to keep your staff and service users safe
- Want training that will help your care staff work as a team when managing conflict
- Need to meet your legal obligations and regulatory requirements
Courses for anyone who works in Care:
Managing challenging behaviour ( Elderly )
Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression (PMVA) – High Risk
Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression (PMVA) – Low Risk
BTEC Level 2 Award in Disengagement and Non-restrictive Physical Intervention Skills (QCF) Young People and Vulnerable Adults
Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Award in Disengagement and Physical Intervention Skills ( QCF ) Young People and Vulnerable Adults
BTEC level 2 Award in Safe and Effective use of restraint equipment (Handcuffing Qualification)
Take part in our training and learn how to:
- Communicate with service users with acute, mental health or learning disabilities
- Manage challenging behaviour from service users, including people with dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Deal with difficult behaviour from service users’ friends and relatives
- Defuse aggressive and violent behaviour
- Apply physical intervention, clinical holding and physical restraint as a last resort.
For more details about how our competitively-priced range of care training courses or bespoke training sessions can help reduce the risk of conflict in your environment, contact us today.