Conflict Management for Mental Health and Learning Difficulties Training
Conflict management training at your venue anywhere in the UK
Could you handle a difficult or aggressive person in a safe and legal manner and working within the parameters of the Mental Health Act?
Would you know how to guarantee the safety of you and those around you?
This course addresses these issues and will show you step by step how to handle conflict and aggression in the most effective way.
This introductory level course is suitable for anyone working with adults or young people who may find themselves in potential situations of and/or be considered being at risk of physical or verbal aggression whilst at work.
Conflict Management for Mental Health and Learning Difficulties Training course aims:
The Conflict Management for Mental Health and Learning Difficulties training course is specifically for those who work with adults or young people who may have mental health or learning disabilities. Delegates will learn to recognise many aspects of conflict and to explore and understand different methods and techniques to effectively manage and resolve conflict situations.
Conflict Management for Mental Health and Learning Difficulties Training Course Benefits:
By the end of this training course delegates will be able to:
- Identify Key Triggers that can cause conflict
- Learn how to de-escalate aggressive people
- Learn how to diffuse volatile situations
- Proven step by step techniques for dealing with difficult circumstances
- A blueprint for dealing with potentially violent scenarios and working within the Mental Health Act
Conflict Management for Mental Health and Learning Difficulties Training Course objectives:
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the theoretical, pathological and environmental explanations for aggression in mental health and learning disability settings
- Identify and demonstrate aspects of non-verbal de-escalation, verbal strategies and conflict resolution styles
- Identify and reflect on the effect of functional and dysfunctional coping strategies on people’s lives and behaviour and be able to relate this to mental health or learning disability settings
- Consider prevention strategies, including an awareness of how issues relating to culture, race, disability, sexuality and gender can enhance this process
- Demonstrate an understanding of the positive contributions
- Describe individual and organisational responsibilities in relation to legal, ethical and moral frame works regarding the use of force
- Demonstrate an understanding of the application of risk management interventions and the requirements for the effective assessment of dangerousness with reference to prevention planning
- Demonstrate an understanding of restraint-related risks, with a view to incorporating risk reduction strategies into practice
- Demonstrate commitment to services user involvement in the development, implementation and evaluation of training
The Conflict Management for Mental Health and Learning Difficulties training course is a two day course and on completion all delegates receive a Certificate in Conflict Management for Mental Health and Learning Difficulties accredited by GoodSense Training.
Reviews from people who have attended our courses
“Very enjoyable session. Trainer encouraged discussion and participation and made it relevant to our work environment”
A. George, Kingston Hospital
To find out more information about our course you can download the pdf below, you can contact us or speak to one of our friendly advisors on 0113 258 0035