Conflict Management Training
Conflict management training at your venue anywhere in the UK
Could you handle a difficult or aggressive person in a safe and legal manner? Would you know how to guarantee the safety of you and those around you?
This course addresses these issues and will show you step by step how to handle conflict and aggression in the most effective way.
The Conflict Management training course is an introductory level course for anyone working with the general public who may find themselves in potential situations of conflict.
Conflict Management Training course aims:
The Conflict Management training course is an introductory level course suitable for anyone working with the general public. Delegates will learn to recognise many aspects of conflict and to explore and understand different methods and techniques to effectively manage and resolve conflict situations.
Key areas covered are:
- Verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Recognising warning signs
- Cultural awareness
- De-escalation techniques
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe common causes of conflict
- Describe two forms of communication, i.e. verbal and non-verbal
- Give examples of communication breakdowns
- Explain three examples of communication models that can assist conflict
- Understand patterns of behaviour that may be encountered during different
- Explain the different warning and danger signs
- Give examples of impact factors
- Describe the use of distance when dealing with conflict
- Explain the use of ‘reasonable force’ in relation to conflict management
- Describe different methods for dealing with possible conflict situations
By the end of the course attendees will have been helped to:
- Become more confident about dealing with violence and aggression by identifying types of behaviour and the triggers for violent aggressive behaviour
- Know how health and safety issues regarding violence and aggression in the work place can affect others
- Realise that defusing and de-escalating situations are by far the best way of dealing with a potentially violent or aggressive situation
Reviews from people who have attended our courses
“Apart from understanding Conflict Management, I was asked to see if this course is appropriate to my colleagues. It most definitely is. I will be talking to my colleagues and using some of the techniques (clusters) in my role.”
P. French, NHS Enfield
To find out more information about our course you can download the pdf below, you can contact us or speak to one of our friendly advisors on 0113 258 0035