Conflict Resolution training – 1-day course
Could you handle a difficult or aggressive person in a safe and legal manner? Would you know how to guarantee the safety of you and those around you?
Our Conflict Resolution training course addresses these issues and is designed to teach you, step-by-step, how to handle conflict and aggression as effectively as possible.
Who’s it aimed at?
This one-day introductory level course is suitable for anybody who works with members of the public, who may find themselves in potential conflict situations.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe common causes of conflict
- Describe two forms of communication, i.e. verbal and non-verbal
- Give examples of communication breakdowns
- Explain three examples of communication models that can assist conflict
- Understand patterns of behaviour that may be encountered during different interactions
- Explain the different warning and danger signs
- Give examples of impact factors
- Describe the use of distance when dealing with conflict
- Explain the use of ‘reasonable force’ as it applies to conflict management
- Describe different methods for dealing with possible conflict situations
The course is designed to help attendees:
- Become more confident about dealing with violence and aggression by identifying types of behaviour and violent aggressive behaviour triggers
- Know the health and safety issues regarding violence and aggression in the work place
- Recognise and understand how their own body language and methods of communication can affect others
- Realise that defusing and de-escalating situations are by far the best way of dealing with a potentially violent or aggressive situation
After completing the Conflict Resolution training, delegates will receive a Certificate in Conflict Resolution accredited by Good Sense Training and be able to:
- Identify the key triggers that can cause conflict
- De-escalate aggressive people
- Diffuse volatile situations
- Use proven step-by-step techniques to deal with difficult circumstances
- Deal with potentially violent scenarios
“Apart from understanding conflict management, I was asked to see if this course is appropriate to my colleagues. It most definitely is. I will be talking to my colleagues and using some of the techniques in my role.” – P French, NHS Enfield
“Apart from understanding Conflict Management, I was asked to see if this course is appropriate to my colleagues. It most definitely is. I will be talking to my colleagues and using some of the techniques (clusters) in my role.”
P. French, NHS Enfield
To find out more information about our course you can download the pdf below, you can contact us or speak to one of our friendly advisors on 0113 258 0035.