Accredited Level 2 and NFPS Award in Conflict Management (QCF)
Who’s it aimed at?
The Accredited Level 2 and NFPS Award in Conflict Management (QCF) is for learners who work in, or want to work in, any sector where they may find themselves in confrontational situations with customers, service users or members of the public, in particular the security, justice and public services sectors.
This course gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop knowledge related to managing and defusing conflict situations
- Achieve a nationally-recognized Level 2 qualification
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning
Upon completing the course, delegates will:
- Know how communication can be used to solve problems and reduce the likelihood of conflict
- State the importance of viewing a situation from the customer’s perspective
- Identify strategies that can be used to solve problems
- Recognize factors that can trigger an angry response in others
- State how to apply dynamic risk assessment to a conflict situation
- Identify the stages of escalation in conflict situations
- State the importance of following employer policies and guidance in conflict situations
- Identify measures that can reduce risks for people who may be involved in conflict situations
- Recognize how to use non-verbal communication in emotive situations
- Know how to overcome communication barriers in emotive situations
- Defuse emotive conflict situations
- Identify how to work with colleagues to de-escalate conflict situations
- State the importance of providing exit routes and space when dealing with an angry person
- Identify the benefits of reflecting on and learning from conflict situations
- See the benefit of sharing good practice and contributing to solutions to recurring problems
- State the importance of addressing help and support following an incident
Learners who have achieved this award can progress to a wide range of qualifications relating to the public services, justice and security sectors.
These include BTEC Specialist qualifications at Level 2, such as the Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award in Disengagement and Physical Intervention Skills (QCF), the Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award in Security Guarding (QCF) or the Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award in Door Supervision (QCF), and Pearson BTEC Nationals or Higher Nationals in Public Services.
Learners can also progress to employment in the public services, justice or security sector.