Safeguard students and staff and maintain compliance
Do you know how to defuse and manage conflict and challenging behaviour that can disrupt teaching and potentially harm students and staff?
We’ve been helping schools manage and reduce risk and safeguard their students for over 20 years. Our clients include Bradford Pupil Referral Unit, De Ferrers Academy and Blackpool 6th Form College.
Our positive handling and challenging behaviour training and BTEC-accredited physical intervention courses are aimed at teachers, learning and support assistants and other education staff.
Our courses are for you if:
- You are a teacher, learning and support assistant, head teacher, deputy head teacher or governor working in a special school or PRU
- You’re looking for effective physical intervention trainingfor your teaching staff to help them deal with difficult students and reduce the risk of violence
- You want your teaching and administration staff to have the knowledge and confidence to communicate effectively and defuse challenging behaviour, keeping themselves and their students safe
- You’re looking for physical intervention minimisation
- You want conflict resolution training, prevention and break away techniques for teams, as well as lone workers
- You want your teaching staff to learn how their speech and body language can prevent and defuse challenging behaviour and reduce physical interventions in the classroom
- You need to meet your legal obligations and regulatory requirements
Courses for people who work in Education:
- Managing challenging behaviour (Children)
- Positive Handling
- Blended Positive Handling
- Level 2 Intermediate Award in Disengagement and Non-restrictive Physical Intervention Skills (QCF) – Young People and Vulnerable Adults
- Level 2 Intermediate Award in Disengagement and Physical Intervention Skills (QCF) – Young People and Vulnerable Adults
Take part in our training and learn how to:
- Communicate with students and parents with mental health or learning disabilities
- Work with children and looked-after children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Manage challenging behaviour and difficult behaviour from students of all ages, including children and/or their parents, carers or guardians
- Resolve specific scenarios, such as angry parents and trespassers
- Defuse aggressive and violent behaviour in person and over the telephone
- De-escalate conflict to reduce physical interventions
- Apply physical intervention and physical restraint as a last resort
For more details about how our competitively-priced range of education training courses or bespoke training sessions can help you safeguard students and staff, contact us today.