If you’ve identified that you need some physical intervention or conflict management training, the next step in the process usually involves finding a course to attend.
But with so many different types of training sessions out there, delivered by all sorts of different trainers, it can be difficult to know which course is right for you.
We’ve decided to give you a helping hand by taking one of our courses and giving you the lowdown on them every now and then. First up is our BTEC Conflict Management course, which is ideal for people who work with members of the public, particularly transport and travel sector workers.
Also known as the Accredited Level 2 and NFPS Award in Conflict Management (QCF), this course is designed to help you develop your:
- Knowledge relating to managing and defusing conflict situations.
- Personal growth and engagement in learning.
Once you’ve completed the course you’ll know how to:
- Use communication to solve problems and reduce the likelihood of conflict.
- State the importance of viewing situations from your customers’ perspective.
- Identify strategies that can be used to solve problems.
- Recognise the factors that can trigger an angry response in others.
- Know how to apply dynamic risk assessment to conflict situations.
- Identify the stages of escalation within conflict situations.
- Identify the measures that can reduce risks for people, who may be involved in conflict situations.
- Recognise how to use non-verbal communication and overcome barriers in emotive situations.
- Defuse emotive conflict situations.
- Work with colleagues to de-escalate conflict situations.
- Know the importance of providing exit routes and space when dealing with angry people.
- Identify the benefits of reflecting on and learning from conflict situations.
- See the benefit of sharing good practice and contributing to solutions to recurring problems.
- Understand the importance of addressing help and support following an incident.
After they’ve completed this training, some of our students then go on to further build upon this conflict management training by studying the Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award in Disengagement and Physical Intervention Skills (QCF), BTEC Level 2 Award in Security Guarding (QCF), BTEC Level 2 Award in Door Supervision (QCF) or BTEC Nationals or Higher Nationals in Public Services.
We hope you’ve found this overview useful. If you’d like more details about this course or would like to find out more about our other conflict management training courses, contact us on email@example.com or 0845 576 0035.